Join us for a relaxing yin and restorative yoga series @ home edition. In each session, you will experience opening and relaxing postures designed to stretch your body to prevent injury during activity and enhance your health and wellness by connecting you to your mind, body and spirit.
- 8 sessions left in the spring series
- Online, at home yin and restorative yoga @ home edition lead by Rachel Joy Olsen, certified yoga instructor, health and wellness coach
Dates & time:
- Sunday’s: April 5, 19, 26, May 3, 10, 24, 31, June 7th.
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- In the comfort of your own home
- Using the ZOOM online platform – a link will be sent to you upon registration
What is yin yoga?
Yin yoga is an active stretch style class designed to penetrate deep into connective tissue expanding flexibility while invigorating the energy centres of the body to release blockages and increase your energy flow. Focusing on static movement, breath work (Pranayama) and meditation to create a profoundly deep and rewarding practice. The primary differences between Yin Yoga and many other forms of yoga is that you are encouraged to NOT use your muscles and passive poses are held for several minutes.
What is restorative yoga?
Restorative yoga is a passive stretch style class that focuses on finding stillness and comfort in long-held postures encouraging the muscles and the mind to relax deeply. Props, such as blocks and bolsters, are used to support your body so purchasing a bolster is highly recommended but not required. Restorative classes are very mellow, making them a good complement to more active practices (as well as our busy lives) and an excellent antidote to stress.